The VADM Martin Pool is 50 MS by 25 Yards with graduated depth from 3.6-7 feet. Lanes available for lap swimming. Other accomodations include: chaise lounge chairs, tables with umbrellas.
Beginning Aug 28, recreation and lap swim will be available all day.
- Share lanes when pool becomes crowded.
- Utilize circle swim method when three or more swimmers in lane.
Learn To Swim with American Red Cross Certified Instructors. Our schedule for the season is as follows:
- Sep 16,17,23,24
- Oct 14,15,21,22
- Nov TBA
- Dec TBA
- FREE Swim Lessons available to Active Duty Personnel (On-Deck instruction only).
- Regular swim sessions (February-August)
- Private swim lessons are available all year round.
Youth 17 and below, must be able to demonstrate the necessary skills to have full access to the aquatics facility:
- Swim one pool length (min 25 yards) unassisted without rest
- Tread water one pool length for 60 seconds
- Jump into the deep end and return to the surface
- Exit pool unassisted
- All pools free to active duty, their dependents,
- Children 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by and under the direct supervision of an individual whose minimum age is 18.
- Children between the ages 10 and 17 year's old must pass a swim test to use the facilities.
For full Aquatics program information please visit the Aquatics page.