Navy FFR Careers
Our diverse workforce offers a wealth of expertise from which we recruit and develop leaders. Grow professionally and reach your full potential with Navy FFR. View our current openings below.
We take care of you, while you take care of others.
If you are a Regular employee who works 20 or more hours per week, you are eligible for benefits (35 hours or more per week for LTD). Employees that are Flex-eligible are only eligible for Medical.
Health and Wellness
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A FREE program provided by CNIC that is accessible to all employees, members of your household, and dependents, offering 24/7/365 access to private, specialized support. Support and services offered include life coaching, work/life resources, legal/financial resources, and mental health counseling.
- Workplace accommodations for physical or mental health concerns
- Access to Fitness Centers
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Life Insurance for employees and dependents
- Competitive compensation
- 401k with 3% matching (up to)
- Additional Retirement Plan
- Vacation days
- Sick days
- Eleven Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Family Leave
- Time off for Jury Duty
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Reservist Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training Opportunities
- Access to Navy MWR facilities, programs and events
- Access to shop at the Navy Exchange
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility
Our diverse workforce offers a wealth of expertise from which we recruit and develop leaders. Grow professionally and reach your full potential with Navy FFR.
We are fully committed to promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives that support a multicultural workforce reflective of different employee perspectives, talents and abilities from all segments of our society. We must create and sustain a climate where all employees are included, valued and respected. The resulting outcomes will support an environment where our employees are inspired to achieve their full potential while maximizing their contributions to mission execution. Read more about our commitment to diversity here.
Join Our Team
NAF Human Resources Office is located in the Anchors Catering & Conference Center at the I-5 freeway off-ramp at Main St./National City Blvd. Applications are accepted from 9 am-4 pm Monday through Friday for a wide variety of positions for recreation, food service, child care, and hospitality positions.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Submitted applications and resumes are retained for 90 days.
- We reserve the right to close positions without further announcement.
- Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
- Applicants are required to successfully complete background investigation and screening.
- Applicants who do not meet the position requirements will not be interviewed.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
Complete the NAF Application; if claiming spousal preference please also submit PCS orders and Military Spouse Preference Request form. ALL FORMS MUST BE SIGNED. Submitted applications are retained for 90 days. We reserve the right to close positions without further announcement. You can submit in one of three ways:
NAF Human Resources Office
Yama St. San Diego, CA 92136
Naval Base San Diego (NBSD)
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9 am-4 pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
Employment Eligibility for Military Spouses
Fleet & Family Readiness Programs provide employment preference* for spouses of active duty military members of the U.S. Armed Forces applying for NAF positions in all employment categories at pay band NF3 and below.
Spouse preference eligibility begins 30 days before the military sponsor’s report date into the new duty location and ends when the military spouse has less than six months' time remaining in the area.
Preference-eligible spouses shall be placed on a selection list if among the “Best Qualified” candidates after a competitive screening process is completed.
Spouse preference is limited to positions in the same commuting area as that of the new duty station of the military sponsor who is relocating. Spouses may compete for positions outside the commuting area, but will not receive preference in such situations. Spousal preference may be used multiple times for flexible positions. Spousal preference is considered used when the spouse is placed in a regular full-time or regular part-time position.
*Military Spouse Preference Request form & PCS orders must accompany all applications to be eligible for spousal Preference.